Giesje Nefs joined Diabeter in August 2015, as psychologist, and is also conducting postdoctoral research at Tilburg University. She has been working with Diabeter since 2012.
She is a member of a wide range of professional organizations, including the Association for Researchers in Psychology and Health (ARPH), the European Health Psychology Society (EHPS), and the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD).
Selected publications include:
- Spek V, Nefs G, Mommersteeg PMC, Speight J, Pouwer F, Denollet J. Type D personality and social relations in adults with diabetes: results from diabetes MILES – The Netherlands. Psychol Health. 2018 Oct 8:1-16.
- Nefs G, Pouwer F. The role of hypoglycemia in the burden of living with diabetes among adults with diabetes and family members: results from the DAWN2 study in The Netherlands. BMC Public Health. 2018 Jan 18;18(1):156.
- Halliday JA, Hendrieckx C, Busija L, Browne JL, Nefs G, Pouwer F, Speight J. Validation of the WHO-5 as a first-step screening instrument for depression in adults with diabetes: Results from Diabetes MILES – Australia. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2017 Oct;132:27-35.
- Nefs G, Pouwer F, Holt RI, Skovlund S, Hermanns N, Nicolucci A, Peyrot M. Correlates and outcomes of worries about hypoglycemia in family members of adults with diabetes: The second Diabetes Attitudes, Wishes and Needs (DAWN2) study. J Psychosom Res. 2016 Oct;89:69-77.
- Nefs G, Donga E, van Someren E, et al. Subjective sleep impairment in adults with type 1 or type 2 diabetes: Results from Diabetes MILES – The Netherlands. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2015;109:466-75.
- Stoop C, Nefs G, Pommer A, et al. Effectiveness of a stepped care intervention for anxiety and depression in people with diabetes, asthma or COPD in primary care: A randomized controlled trial. J Affect Disord. 2015;184:269-76.
- Pouwer F, Nefs G, Nouwen A. Adverse effects of depression on glycemic control and health outcomes in people with diabetes: a review. Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am. 2013;42:529-44.
A complete bibliography can be found here.